People reject the bible for many reasons and none are because it’s accurate in any way, shape, or form. I’ll give a few examples:
1. Genesis 11:31 states Abraham was from ur of the chaldees. Problem with that was ur was not conquered by the Chaldeans until 1000 years after Abraham was born
2) genesis 24:11 states Abraham had camels and was able to control them inferring they were domesticated at that time. Camels were not introduced into that land until centuries after king David
3) Zechariah 14:5 states there was an earth quake during the time of uzziah of Judah. Problem is, this likely happened in in the mid 8th century bc, hundreds of years earlier.
4) genesis 26:1, 21:34, 6:14, exodus:13:17 state that the phillistines were around the time of abraham and his progeny but the phillistines arrived in the Mediterranean in the 1200s bc hundreds of years before Abraham and over 100 years before moses
5) the noahide flood myth states there was a worldwide flood which never happened. Oceanography, history, geology, geography, anthropology etc. All prove otherwise. In matter of fact, the Egyptians nor the yazidis who lived in that area never even mention a flood and the noahide flood would have happened about the year 2409 in the yazidi calendar amd they are still here. The noahide flood is a flood myth which is a recycling of other Mesopotamian flood myths which are almost identical to noah’s. In other words, it never happened
6) the birth stories of Luke and Matthew’s gospels state Jesus was born at different times. Luke states in 6ce under quirinius and Mathew in 4bc under herod. That’s not where the problems end, both stories concoct fallacious narratives in order to make Jesus born where the prophecised messiah was supposed to be. Mathew states herod was killing newborns and so Mary and Joseph fled to save Jesus. Herod never did such a thing. Luke states that the census made people go back to their ancestral cities to be counted in the census. The census never stated such a thing. All it was looking for was the head of household of each family to collect taxes.
7) genesis 40:15 states Joseph told pharoah he came from the land of the Hebrews, there was no such thing until after the conquest of Joshua there is over 150 years between them.
8) Joshua 6:1-27 states Joshua destroyed the cities of Ai and Jericho but those cities were already in ruins hundreds of years before the life of Joshua.
There are many many more historical innacuracies but for the sake of avoiding proloxity, I’ll move to the others errors.
1. Ezekiel 26:14,21, 27:36 prophecised the destruction of tyre and would never be rebuilt, it was never destroyed and was still inhabited and didn’t need to be rebuilt
2) Ezekiel 29:16-21 states Egypt will be conquered by Nebuchadnezzar, this never happened.
3) Isaiah 17:1 This verse prophesies that Damascus will be completely destroyed and no longer be inhabited. Yet Damascus has never been completely destroyed and is one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities.
4) Isaiah 19:17 states Judah will be a terror for Egypt. Judah never posed a threat to Egypt better yet invaded or did anything to it
5) Isaiah 50:39 states Babylon will never be inhabited again. Iraq is till and has always been inhabited after that.
6) hosea 11:1 When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt."
Matthew (2:15) claims that the flight of Jesus’ family to Egypt is a fulfillment of this verse. But Hosea 11:1 is not a prophecy at all. It is a reference to the Hebrew exodus from Egypt and has nothing to do with Jesus. Matthew tries to hide this fact by quoting only the last part of the verse ("Out of Egypt I have called my son").
7) Mathew 1:23 states that isaiah 7:14 was fulfilled by Jesus even though the word was mistranslate to “virgin” from young woman.
8) Mathew 2:17-18 states that Mary and Joseph were fleeing from herod because he was killing children (which he wasn’t) was a fulfillment of Jeremiah 31:15 but the next two verses of Jeremiah clearly indicate it is about Babylon.
9) Mathew 15:24 states jesus visited tyre but according to the prophecy I stated earlier Ezekiel 26:14, 21, 27:36 and 18:19 tyre wasn’t supposed to exist.
10) mark 1:2 claims that John the Baptist fulfilled the prophecy given in Malachi (3:1, 4:1, 5). But the Malachi prophecy says that God will send Elijah before "the great and dreadful day of the LORD" in which the world will be consumed by fire. Yet John the Baptist flatly denied that he was Elijah (Elias) in John 1:21and the earth was not destroyed after John’s appearance.
11) John 5:46 states moses wrote about him but there is not one verse moses wrote about him.
12) Peter 2:17 states speaking in tongues is to be expected because they were living in the end of days. 2000+ years later no end of times.
13) Mathew 12:40 Jesus states he will be in the belly of the earth for 3 days and 3 nights like how Jonah was in the belly of the whale for the same amount of time. Jesus was allegedly crucified on Friday afternoon and resurrected Sunday morning. Any way you cut it that is not 3 days and 3 nights. In Israelite talk, sometimes if someone does something for a portion of a day they can say it was a whole day but this states 3 days and nights. There isn’t even 3 days and nights between Friday evening to Sunday morning.
1. Jonah 1:17 states he was swallowed by a big fish and Mathew 12:40 clarifies that big fish is a whale. Whales are not fish.
2. Genesis 30: 25-43 states that isaac was able to produced striped offspring from having his animals stare at striped poles while mating. That’s not how that works
3. Many verses from job to the psalms to revelations, Mathew, and Isaiah state the earth is flat, is immovable, and has pillars. That’s just wrong.
There are many errors but I think is is more than adequate to show the bible is in every way from its own claims to scientific and historical claims that it is inaccurate
James Robert Deal
Real Estate Attorney & Managing Broker
PO Box 2276 Lynnwood WA 98036
Law Office Line: 425-771-1110
Broker Line: 425-774-6611
Cell and Text Line: 425-670-1405
KW Everett Office Line: 425-212-2007
Cell phone real estate app: app.kw.com/KW2V4HP64/
Desktop real estate app: jamesrobertdeal.kw.com